The Inpatient Pharmacy at Teton Valley Health provides service to all areas of the hospital including inpatients, emergency department, surgical services, and outpatient infusion.
Our board-certified pharmacists work closely with all of our providers to ensure the hospital protocols and guidelines are safe and up to date. The pharmacists are a double check on all medication related administration to ensure our patients are safe and our staff has a safe facility to practice in.
Staff pharmacists provide a full range of patient medication services including medication reconciliations, dosing and therapy recommendations, and formulating IV solutions for infusion and chemotherapy.
Our pharmacy team is dedicated to helping our providers and patients manage complex medication therapies which are part of cutting-edge care today. We also spend time educating patients on medications that they will be receiving at home following their discharge from the hospital.
Inpatient Pharmacy Services include:
- Medication order review and verification via the electronic medical record
- Medication distribution with storage primarily at the point of care
- Sterile products preparation
- Procurement, inventory management, and management of drug shortages
- Bar Code Medication scanning upon receipt to pharmacy, stocking and at time of administration
- Electronic Medication Administration Record (eMAR)
- Computerized physician order entry (CPOE)
- PK/PD medication dosing optimization
- Medication reconciliation and patient education
- Review medications to prevent conflicts
- Discuss medication related questions with patients
- Provider consultation and recommendation
- Provider and nursing staff education
Exceptional Pharmaceutical Care
Our pharmacy staff works side by side with our fellow healthcare providers creating an interdisciplinary team approach to patient care. Our goal is to provide superior medication management to the patients we serve, with patient safety being the core goal of the pharmacy department.
As part of a multidisciplinary team, pharmacists provide pharmaceutical care to patients, supervise the drug distribution system and provide information and advice concerning medications to patients, patient families and other members of a patient’s healthcare care team.
Our pharmacy staff are available to help answer any medication related questions that you may have, so please feel free to ask us for your pharmacist.